Building Homes or Extensions/Out swing thresholds


Is a regular in swing threshold the same as an outs wing ? or can it be used as an outs wing ?

There are so many different styles of thresholds, it is hard to give you a direct answer. There are thresholds that are called saddle thresholds. They are the same on both sides so they can be used either way. Others can be installed only one way. They are thicker on the side that will face to outdoors. The inside part is much smaller and usually tapered to fit either hardwood floors or carpeting. Then there are thresholds that have no over hang on the inside and line up evenly with the inside of the exterior door.The majority of exterior thresholds will usually  have a piece of weather stripping in the middle or towards one side so cold air does not blow in from under the door.  

Building Homes or Extensions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Russell Spataro


I can answer all questions regarding building homes or adding on to an existing home


14 years experience building custom homes

25 years as a carpenter

©2017 All rights reserved.