Building Homes or Extensions/Plumbing

Question
How much slope can I have on a drain line from a bath room to the septic tank. Someone told me I could not have more than 2" every 4 ft. My problem is that there is approx. a 5ft. drop from the room to the septic tank. From the room to the tank is approx. 15ft.

Answer
Steep Slope Pipe Run
Steep Slope Pipe Run  
James:

On the sloping portions of the pipe runs,  aim for 1/4" per foot of run.  This allows for proper clearing of solids.  

In your case, install a vertical drop early in the run, then finish out with a properly sloped run.  Really not much different than how a second floor toilet is piped. See attached diagram.

Bet of luck,
Steve Major  

Building Homes or Extensions

Stephen Major (Owner--Major Design Group)