Building Homes or Extensions/Container question

Good day
With reference to converting a shipping container (20 feet long) into an office container, I have the following questions:
1. For a DIY person, looking to save money, yet provide quality insulation- what type(s) of insulation for wall panel and ceiling would you recommend?
2. Are there any good books, dvd's, weblinks etc. that can teach me how to carryout the insulation and wall panel process myself.
3. What type of wood (size etc.) would you recommend to be used for the framing during the insulation process.
4. Also what types of wood use for ceiling and walls?

I would use 1 1/2  25 gauge metal studs for the side walls insulated with fiberglass batts. Rigid polyisocyanurate is more efficient per inch, but costs more.  I would use gyp board (Sheetrock) as finish.  Knowing you will probably move this, I would use vinyl expansion joints at any windows or doors.  Painted OSB (wafer board) is tougher but leaves all joints showing or requires battens if this is a shop/office.

I would use commercial drop ceiling grid, though installing a gable roof over top would add to the looks and comfort.  The head clearance in cargo containers is marginal and gets worse with framing, finish, and lighting.  You may want to consider sidewall lighting.  How do plan on eliminating the cargo doors on the end.?

There won't be much in books, but there should be plenty on YouTube and the Internet.  I am using a tablet just now so looking for references is difficult.  When I get back to a real computer I will send some more information.

Sam, I did some looking around and found several interesting sites.

There are literally hours of information.  Have fun.  

Building Homes or Extensions

Dan Griffin

I can answer almost all questions related to the total construction process. My expertise is in commercial construction, though I can field most any residential question. I have hands on experience in concrete, heavy equipment, masonry, all phases of carpentry, interior finishes, and I am fairly strong in mechanical and electrical.

I have over 20 years experience as a commercial carpenter and commercial construction superintendent. I have another 20 years experience in facility management for a major school district.

My favorite hobby for he past 12 years has been singing bass in a The OkChorale men's barbershop chorus and the Mature Moments quartet.

I hold a Bachelor's degree in English and Math. I have completed many continuing education hours in the building trades. I hold a Master Carpenter card from the AGC, Associated General Contractors.