Building Homes or Extensions/Wet Bricks

Question
Sir, I had a hot water line leak in my crawl space. The plumber said it was a pinhole and it has probably been squirting and steaming up everything under there for a couple of months. Anyhow it was squirting on the wall under the crawlspace and he said that area was soaked. On the outside of the house in that area I have about half a dozen bricks that look wet. They don't feel wet but look wet. The sun will dry them up during the day but overnight it returns. He said the leak is fixed and it will take a while for the brick to dry. Could you please tell me about how long it will take for the bricks to totally dry out. I have the mold guys coming out in about a week to go under the crawl space and start eradicating mold. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Jim, if the leak is fixed it should only take a week or so for the brick to dry out under normal conditions.  However if you want to speed the process and you can get under the house, you can put a fan under there blowing on the damp area to help dry it out.  I don't think dampness will affect the work of the mold mediation people but if they are telling you you need to dry it out, you need to get some air blowing in there.  Sincerely, Bruce Johnson  

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson