Bulbs/Naked Lady bulbs

Chrissy wrote at 2013-03-14 03:16:49
The naked ladies plant is actually not the amaryllis belladonna mentioned above, though that plant is similar. I too was having trouble finding naked ladies by doing a google search for "naked ladies bulb," which I first discovered in a gardening book. So I did a search for its scientific name instead, which was listed in my book. then it came up easily in a google search, and I was able to order bulbs. To find true naked ladies (also called surprise lily), do a search for this: "lycoris squamigera"

my book says this about the amaryllis belladonna: "In arid western regions, grow amaryllis belladonna. It's similar but it's about a foot taller with slightly larger flowers."

Bulbs

Long Island Gardener