Bulimia/Eating Disorders/Bulimia Recovery- Cheeks

Question

I've been suffering from bulimia on and off for 3 years... I was wondering, once I stop purging how long would it take for the swelling in my salivary glands to go down? I hate these chipmunk cheeks! :-{

Answer
Dear Faye,

Thank you so much for writing!

I can really understand about the "chipmonk" cheeks!  I so wish I could give you a definite answer.  When the swelling goes down is such an individual thing.  With some people it can happen in a couple of weeks, with others it can be a couple of months.  The longer you've been bulimic the longer time it can take.  

If you possibly can, try not to look at them.  They'll begin to decrease in size and before you know it, they'll be at a place where you hardly can see!

Let me know if I can help more!

Warmly,
Jeanne Rust, PhD
CEO/Founder
Mirasol
www.mirasol.net
www.edrecovery.com
888-520-1700

Bulimia/Eating Disorders

Jeanne Rust, PhD