Bulimia/Eating Disorders/throwing up

Question
Hi, so sorry to trouble you.  I messaged you sometime ago asking you How to stop throwing up after eating and you provided very kind and helpful advice. Since then I have lost 22 pounds but I now do it multiple times a day and my stomach and head and throat hurt often, I think my wife suspects something and I dont know what to do. I eat very little during the day but when I can't take it anymore I eat then throw up but I also drink, usually after I throw up. I don't want to admit it but im scared and miserable and I don't know what to do

Answer
Hi Steve,

You need help. Are you seeing a therapist? It sounds like you've reached the stage where you are not going to be able to do this alone. I would be happy to give you some recommendations for therapists in your area or your can do what I would do: go to http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/?utm_source=PT_Psych_Today&utm_medium=

You can search based on specialties, where you live, whether you want a male or female therapist, etc.

Please get help. You don't have to do this alone. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Bulimia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard, PhD