Bulimia/Eating Disorders/throwing up

Hi, so sorry to trouble you.  I messaged you sometime ago asking you How to stop throwing up after eating and you provided very kind and helpful advice. Since then I have lost 22 pounds but I now do it multiple times a day and my stomach and head and throat hurt often, I think my wife suspects something and I dont know what to do. I eat very little during the day but when I can't take it anymore I eat then throw up but I also drink, usually after I throw up. I don't want to admit it but im scared and miserable and I don't know what to do

Hi Steve,

You need help. Are you seeing a therapist? It sounds like you've reached the stage where you are not going to be able to do this alone. I would be happy to give you some recommendations for therapists in your area or your can do what I would do: go to http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/?utm_source=PT_Psych_Today&utm_medium=

You can search based on specialties, where you live, whether you want a male or female therapist, etc.

Please get help. You don't have to do this alone. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Bulimia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard, PhD

I can answer questions about the psychology of eating, disordered eating attitudes and behaviors such as drive for thinness, drive for muscularity, binge eating, body dysmorphia, dieting, excessive/obsessive exercise, and body dissatisfaction. I can also answer questions about anorexia and bulimia.

I have a PhD in Psychology and teach courses in the Psychology of Health and the Psychology of Eating. I have been conducting research on disordered eating and exercise behaviors for 15 years.

Midwestern psychological association, rocky mountain psychological association

Over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles in journals such as Eating Behaviors, Eating Disorders, and Eating and Weight Disorders

PhD in Psychology from the University of Denver

30 teaching awards, have received funding to conduct my research from academic institutions and state and local government