Bulimia/Eating Disorders/Food issues

Question
Hello, I hope you are well. I'm a 24 year old male, ive had cycles of extreme dieting behavior since about 15.this includes very low calorie diets, intensive exercise, etc. I was fairly stable for a couple if years until my wife and i had a child and i gained weight, and used vomiting and dieting to lower it. I managed to bring this under control until i started a new job recently during which i eat about 300-500 calories a day until i get home late in the evening, eat a meal of perhaps 500-600 calories and throw up. I have been experiencing chest and throat pain and any advice would be very appreciated.  Warmest regards.

Answer
Hi Steve,

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are experiencing the side effects of your eating disorder. It sounds, from your description, like you have the binge-purge subtype of anorexia nervosa. Are you seeing a treatment team for your eating disorder? Would you be open to it? Your side effects are only going to get worse unless you seek proper treatment...

Bulimia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard, PhD