Bulimia/Eating Disorders/ice eating habit

Question
I have been eating ice since 6 years. i am now 20 year old but i can not control my self to eating ice.I also used to crave crushed ice,eating it daily, summer and winter, many pounds of it on a weekly basis...
Please suggest me something and tell me, how can i stop this

Answer
Hi Manahil,

This may or may not be eating-disorder related. For example, many with iron-deficiency anemia crave ice. In fact, that is the most common cause of this particular craving. Have you had a blood test for iron-deficiency anemia? If not, I would start there. If you are iron-deficient, once you have corrected that problem. the ice cravings should go away...

Bulimia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard, PhD