Bulldogs/American Bulldog Puppy Itchy Skin

Question
I have an american bulldog puppy that is 7 months old.  And one that is 3 months old.  I got them from the same breeder at the same time.  After having them for about two weeks I notices they were scratching like crazy, so I took them to the vet and they were diagnosed with sarcoptic mange.  After a four week treatment period the 3 month old was perfectly fine but the 7 month old was worse.  He now has lots of sores that bleed from all the scratching.  I took him back to the vet and they did two skin scrapings that both turned out negative.  But now they say he has red mange instead.  I had him dipped, got a shot of steroids, and received medicated shampoo.  They tell me it is going to be a very expensive, very long treatment process.  I'm confused though because the little puppy is perfectly fine now and I wonder if they misdiagnosed him.  Do you think its possibly just the typical skin conditions that AB's have?  That is a lot of money to spend if they are wrong.

Answer
Hi Candice ,  I have dealt with mange a number of times;  It does take a long time and many treatments to heal and cure ;  This condition also WEAKENS your Dog's Immune system and makes them more prone to skin infection.  
Please Start you Dog on the Following all Natural Program :

Pure salmon oil Treats - Salmon Paws ... Buy from my friend Auggie
I get mine from here:  
http://www.auggiescloset.com/Salmon-Paws-Salmon-Jerky_p_424.html

Next... A MUST :  
NuVET Plus wafers - Just 1  wafer per day - LET's Boost that Immune system.          Pets that have had Mange mites tend to have a weak immune system.          NuVET will also help to stop the itching.
Here is a Testimonial from one pet owner:  There are 1000s just like this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TESTIMONIAL -

Hello NuVET,

From May through October of 2009, my dog, A.J., was being treated for contact dermatitis.
In October it was finally diagnosed as Demodex mange caused by a weak immune system.
The vet started treatment to kill the mites causing mange and said the disease was only 1 percent curable.

I was concerned about building up A.J.ís immune system and found information about Nuvet products on the internet. I took the information to a friend in Durango, Colorado, who used to be a vet but is now doing acupuncture. She had a bottle of nuvet wafers on the shelf, tested it and said it would be a good thing for A.J. He is on a fish and sweet potato diet, to which I add NuVet Plus powder (he didnít like the wafers), kelp and enzymes.

By January the mites were all dead and A.J.ís fur was growing back. He had another checkup in July 2010, and the vet was thrilled and stated that A.J. was 100 percent cured. This summer we had to make trips to the groomer to cut off the heavy coat of fur. I will continue giving NuVet Plus powder to A.J. for the rest of his life as the product certainly did bolster his immune system.

Patricia Goundry
New Mexico

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To order NuVET -   Please call 1-800-474-7044
( give discount code 81098 for the 15 % off PROGRAM ,  on "auto" ships)

Make sure they know you are working with Marie Peppers of Ask the Pet Nurse.
http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html
http://www.nuvet.com/81098

I wrote this about a poodle but it's still the same recommendations :
http://www.bulldogvitamin.com/2011/01/poodle-with-mites-demodex-mange.html

Bulldogs

English Bulldog Questions ( mpmaltese@gmail.com) Marie Peppers LPN MA