Bulldogs/senior american bulldog bladder control problems

Question
I have an 11 year old American Bulldog named Muscles. He has been the most well trained animal ive ever had. He was my first pet that was all my own and when i first got him i also got a book on training his breed and i got lucky because he is so smart and has such a great personality. Potty training took some time and i was told that American Bulldogs take a while as puppies to be able to fully control their bladder but after a couple months he was fully potty trained, always grunts or scratches the door to let you know he has to go out, never had a problem with accidents unless he had a bad belly and no one was home. For the past few months though, he has started to just pee in the house whenever he has to go. When i get home from work and he is excited, he will greet me and jump and then he stops and starts peeing right where he is. He wakes up in the middle of the night and will stand up and it looks like hes trying to find a new position to sleep in but he just starts peeing. He doesnt alert me anymore that he needs to go out, he just goes wherever he is. Do senior American Bulldogs go back to having issues controlling their bladder like they do as puppies? Do you think this is because of his age or could it be something else?

Answer
Hi there !  Sounds like your Senior may have a urinary infection or prostate troubles.  Please see the Vet for a exam.  I have a feeling it may be more of a lazy bladder or enlarged prostate.
It's best to see the Vet for this rather than try any home remedies ...

Blessings to you  

Bulldogs

English Bulldog Questions ( mpmaltese@gmail.com) Marie Peppers LPN MA