Bulldogs/senior american bulldog bladder control problems

I have an 11 year old American Bulldog named Muscles. He has been the most well trained animal ive ever had. He was my first pet that was all my own and when i first got him i also got a book on training his breed and i got lucky because he is so smart and has such a great personality. Potty training took some time and i was told that American Bulldogs take a while as puppies to be able to fully control their bladder but after a couple months he was fully potty trained, always grunts or scratches the door to let you know he has to go out, never had a problem with accidents unless he had a bad belly and no one was home. For the past few months though, he has started to just pee in the house whenever he has to go. When i get home from work and he is excited, he will greet me and jump and then he stops and starts peeing right where he is. He wakes up in the middle of the night and will stand up and it looks like hes trying to find a new position to sleep in but he just starts peeing. He doesnt alert me anymore that he needs to go out, he just goes wherever he is. Do senior American Bulldogs go back to having issues controlling their bladder like they do as puppies? Do you think this is because of his age or could it be something else?

Hi there !  Sounds like your Senior may have a urinary infection or prostate troubles.  Please see the Vet for a exam.  I have a feeling it may be more of a lazy bladder or enlarged prostate.
It's best to see the Vet for this rather than try any home remedies ...

Blessings to you  

English Bulldog Questions ( Marie Peppers LPN MA

French Bulldogs, English bulldogs, American Bulldog, Bulldog Vitamins, Dog Food reviews for bulldogs , Royal Canin Medium Bulldog 24 Formula-Reviews, Bulldog's Sensitive digestive system; I will only Answer PUBLIC questions - do not mark, Private - THANKS NEED help ? e-mail me at: or visit my site for a FREE 20 minute consultation DOG FOOD Dog Vitamins; NuVet Plus Pet Remedies ; Marie Peppers, LPN MA / ; English Bulldogs ; Experience Nurse for over 17 years,,, Trained in Holistic Pet Medicine; Supplement and Vitamin certifications; CEU credits on Holistic and Natural Health; Alternatives in pet health and wellness; Anything about bulldogs, French Bullies, English Bullies, American Bulldogs, Olde English, Visit my site Remember, In an emergency please seek your local Vet. **thanks ***My comments and answers to your questions or any information in my articles is not to be used "in lieu of" veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment.**

Visit my site ***My comments and answers to your questions or any information in my articles is not to be used "in lieu of" veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment.** Doggie Hotel owner; USDA licensed for pet care and transport ;

Visit my HOW to save money on your Vet bills blog

licensed nurse, nutritional consultant, k9-health care, I have Over 25 years experience working in numerous animal environments with Vets, groomers, pet trainers, boarding and nutrition experts