Burlington, Vermont/finding a property manager

I own an older home in Charlotte and need to find a property manager. I live in Portland,Oregon and the house is a family home (my mother Jeanette Andrew died last Spring after 48 years in the house. I grew up there) I am not wanting to sell it at this time, but need to find someone to trust to oversee the property. Do you have any suggestions? Someone suggested Curt Wheeler but when I look online, he doesn't have the greatest reviews. I am a conscientious landlord (just replaced the furnace, hot water heater and roof) and there is a current tenant in the house who is pressuring me to sell it to him. I am not ready to sell at this time.
Open to your input

My condolences Meigra. I'm sorry for your loss.

I've just phoned and emailed a woman who I understand does property management. I asked her to give me a sense of what she offers and why I might feel comfortable recommending her.
She should get right back to me, because I just saw her this morning coincidentally.

When I hear from her, if I feel she's qualified and has time to take a new project on - I'll let you know immediately.

Regarding Curt Wheeler - I send people to him frequently. Mostly they are renters looking for places to rent. Since the rental market in Burlington is so incredibly tight (one friend, a good and conscientious Landlord, refers to the rental market here as "broken") it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few people grumpy with Curt. How could it be otherwise? He has to disappoint people on a regular basis. But I'm working to find you an alternative today and I'll let you know asap when I hear from her.

My landlord friend Peter told me on Friday that in Burlington there are 9500 units registered as rentals with the city of Burlington and that .8% are vacant. He tells his tenants to go buy a home rather than signing a second year's lease with him if they can swing it.

Thanks for reaching out.  

Burlington, Vermont

David Beckett

I`ve lived in the Burlington area since 1961. I can answer questions about the Greater Burlington area, The Burlington music and performing arts scene, Vermont, Chittenden County, Burlington Discover Jazz Festival (I sit on the board), Real Estate (I`ve been a Realtor since 1988 and a Certified Buyer Representative since 1995), Skiing (I grew up skiing and have taught skiing professionally since 1986).

I can email comprehensive custom MLS listing data sheets with multiple photographs and information. These can be followed up with automatic email notification of New listings within specified criteria. Numerous written references from Real Estate Clients and Relocation packages provided upon request.