Burns/Bleach burn

barbara wrote at 2012-01-26 18:53:55
I had the same thing happen to me on 3 fingers....After suffering through the pain and finishing the job, I washed my hands....put some cream on it with a pain relief and laid on couch....I did the same for night sleeping and woke up with very little pain and the finger tips were not as sensitive.  I do however still have little tiny black dots in my skin...hopefully they will go away with no blistering....I saw the CVS Pharm guy and he said to put neo on the fingers and wrap in gauze....Good advise from Jim .... and the CVS Pharm

perfecting-imperfection wrote at 2013-01-19 03:22:06

You NEVER put anything like neosporin on chemical burns. They can have a reaction and ointments can cause infections. You wash the skin with cool water for 15 minutes or so, dry and wrap loosely in sterile gauze. Serious burns need medical attention. Rule of thumbs is, 3 inches in diameter, is on your face, genitals, over major joints and I believe they even suggest seeing a doc if they are on the hands. You can take an OTC pain reliever such as ibuprofen.

Burns

Jim B