Burns/2nd degree burn

daniel wrote at 2012-07-07 01:18:42
I have a second degree burn on my arm from an antifreeze burn. Same deal.  After the skin is gone my arm cramps up  

Tasia wrote at 2012-07-16 22:27:51
hey i recently got burned and it hurts to stand and walk. my boyfriend tells me im being a baby but it seriously hurts very bad and i have to hold my leg for a few seconds for support but i still limp. i can feel every thing in that spot like the tingling feeling and cramps. so your not weird because were in the same boat. its goin on 2 weeks for me ugh i wish the pain stops  

James Bondski wrote at 2012-11-28 02:55:33
Well I know you are going through. I burned my back calf and every time I get up to walk the presure goes up and pinches or streches burnt nerves or not burnt. Some times it takes 5-10 min. to keep sitting down and getting up and keep trying to walk forward. Sometimes it wheres off and the cranp stops and I can walk,but if I stop and stand in one place it cramps back up. It is very painfull. Sometimes I have to sit down or pick my leg up to my chest. This is no joke. I'm glade I'm not the only one. I think it has to do with a lack of circalation and the blood can go back up and keeps buildind up till it sceezes the nerves. P.S. This happened to me before from the same garage heater. I remember it took at least 1-2 weeks to stop the spasms. Sometimes the banges are to tight and it macks it worst. God Bless it will get better. And no pain killers ever helped me. Feel free anyone going through this to email me.

Dr. J. DeLaughter

I am a physician and can answer most or all questions about burns and their treatment.

I am a board certified Emergency physician.

Doctor of Osteopathic medicine (D.O.), University of North Texas Health Science Center, 2006