Business Communication/Advice

Our volunteer phone line is fully staffed and I would like to know if you have any suggestions on how best to let callers know about our free service. To understand our program please go to

Here are four steps to take to get known and tell people about your new service.
1)    I would craft four press releases that target four different groups in your calling audience.  Send Place these press releases on several free press release sites online.  I would then send these press releases to your local TV stations, radio, and newspapers.  If you know of neighborhood association groups where an article like this would be welcome send there as well.  
2)   Contact your local school district office and see if they would place a short announcement about your service in one of their newsletters.  Or ask a teacher to make signs that could be placed in some of the schools.  This could become a projects for several school and word of mouth would make good publicity for this type of announcement.  
3)   Create a Facebook page that connects to your website and make sure to add regular content to the page.  If you do not have a blog on your website, I would suggest one.  Blog posts make good content for your Facebook page.
4)   I would contact your local Seniors Center and ask if they have a regular newsletter or way for their patrons to get news about things to do for seniors.  Another good way to get the word out.
Hope this helps.!

Business Communication

April Brewster-Smythe

I can answer all questions related to the construction of press releases, web content coordination, telephone etiquette, Facebook and Twitter updates and Tweet, marketing collateral, creating an elevator pitch, entrepreneurial promotional communique, sales letters, video scripting, ebooks, and public relations. I also invite questions in the area of business plan creation, but advise most small business start-ups to write their own.

I have been involved in the business communications arena for over 25 years, in management, marketing, sales and collections. In the past 10 years I have developed a series of business models that have all received positive results. I have also been the recipient of three awards; Entrepreneurial Award from the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center, 2009-2010, Green Innovator of the Year/ 2010 Northeast Indiana Green Builders Coalition, and Innovator of the Year/ Retail Category- 2010, Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly, for the Green ABC's for Kids, a program I created, implemented, and marketed throughout NE Indiana. I am also the owner of Virtual Writing Solutions, a one-stop shop for entrepreneurs, small and medium sized business owners and individual service providers that offers solutions to their business communication and marketing needs.

Waynedale Green Alliance YMCA Waynedale Community Improvement Access Fort Wayne

International Business College- Associates Degree/ Business Administration Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne- Public Affair/ Bachelors Degree

Entrepreneurial Award- Northeast Indiana Innovation Center- 2009-2010 Green Innovator of the Year Award- Northeast Indiana Green Builders Coalition -2010 Innovator of the Year/ Retail Category- Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly-2010 National Dean's List Elder and Lemaur Publishers Author of Tomorrow