Business Communication/Online business profiles

QUESTION: I have a digital b2b marketing firm and I also do advisory and consultation work  in the franchising industry. I have two separate profiles should I merge them? The marketing firm created the online presence for the advisory concern...any thoughts...?

Thank you

ANSWER: Hi Jerry,

I have a couple of questions before I can get any further into this.  

1)  What is the objective of the profiles- are we talking about LinkedIn profiles or profiles on a website- need clarification here.

2)  Are these businesses separated from one another.  If they are the answer will come a little clearer, but I do need more information on what you are trying to accomplish in order to answer in the best possible way.

Let me know.

Objective clarity and consistancy across the business's. They are related in the sense that I built and own professional history is on my LinkedIn profile which features all my company' I need a separate identity for each business or project?..look forward to your thoughts .LinkedIn profile franchisefutures...jerry pollio

Hi Jerry,

I would merge the two profiles.  You have a complete profile for your franchise side, and your creative marketing business is left out hanging with no photo.

Actually, I think it would be a neat move to place CRT as a company page on LinkedIn so you can share updates, projects, and offerings.

Let me know if there is anything else I might not have addressed.

April Brewster Smythe

Business Communication

April Brewster-Smythe

I can answer all questions related to the construction of press releases, web content coordination, telephone etiquette, Facebook and Twitter updates and Tweet, marketing collateral, creating an elevator pitch, entrepreneurial promotional communique, sales letters, video scripting, ebooks, and public relations. I also invite questions in the area of business plan creation, but advise most small business start-ups to write their own.

I have been involved in the business communications arena for over 25 years, in management, marketing, sales and collections. In the past 10 years I have developed a series of business models that have all received positive results. I have also been the recipient of three awards; Entrepreneurial Award from the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center, 2009-2010, Green Innovator of the Year/ 2010 Northeast Indiana Green Builders Coalition, and Innovator of the Year/ Retail Category- 2010, Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly, for the Green ABC's for Kids, a program I created, implemented, and marketed throughout NE Indiana. I am also the owner of Virtual Writing Solutions, a one-stop shop for entrepreneurs, small and medium sized business owners and individual service providers that offers solutions to their business communication and marketing needs.

Waynedale Green Alliance YMCA Waynedale Community Improvement Access Fort Wayne

International Business College- Associates Degree/ Business Administration Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne- Public Affair/ Bachelors Degree

Entrepreneurial Award- Northeast Indiana Innovation Center- 2009-2010 Green Innovator of the Year Award- Northeast Indiana Green Builders Coalition -2010 Innovator of the Year/ Retail Category- Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly-2010 National Dean's List Elder and Lemaur Publishers Author of Tomorrow