Business Etiquette/follow up email

I had a couple of internships in the PR and Sales sector but I didn't get a chance to email them over the semester due to being extremely busy with a job I took on at school. I want to send a happy holidays email to say hello and also apologize for them not having heard from me due to things getting unexpectedly hectic. Also just to say hello. How should I word it?

Avoid apologizing and avoid saying you were extremly busy; everyone is busy... and it will not bode well.  Just send out an email or a, preferred, handwritten note to kick off the new year with a thoughtful message and to let them know that you were thinking of them and that should start you off on the right path when you need to solicit references for your work.  Denise Anne Taylor

Business Etiquette

Denise Anne Taylor

Business Etiquette | Career Strategies (resume, job interview, job search)| Conflict Management and more. Do not allow career limiting behavior to sabotage your ability for workplace success. Ask the questions that will get you ahead! How can I help you?

Subject Matter Expert with 20 years of broad-based background in business etiquette, international protocol, and executive dining as well as other workplace related topics on conflict resolution and career management (i.e. resume, interview, job search). Trained and certified by The Protocol School of Washington a leading protocol and etiquette firm. Programs provided to major corporations, educational institutions, and associations throughout the country. Private consultation available upon request.

MichBusiness, Advisory Board Member 2014, 2015, 2016 Michigan Business and Professional Association, Advisory Board Member, 2005-2014 Women of Tomorrow, Mentor, 2013-2016 UN Women-Metro Detroit Chapter, Active Member, 2013-2016

Bachelor of Science-Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI Certified-Protocol School of Washington Certified-Sandler Sales Training Certified-Dale Carnegie Sales Management Training

Startup Weekend Detroit-Winner, Crowd Favorite 2015