Business Etiquette/follow up email

Question
I had a couple of internships in the PR and Sales sector but I didn't get a chance to email them over the semester due to being extremely busy with a job I took on at school. I want to send a happy holidays email to say hello and also apologize for them not having heard from me due to things getting unexpectedly hectic. Also just to say hello. How should I word it?

Answer
Jenny,

Avoid apologizing and avoid saying you were extremly busy; everyone is busy... and it will not bode well.  Just send out an email or a, preferred, handwritten note to kick off the new year with a thoughtful message and to let them know that you were thinking of them and that should start you off on the right path when you need to solicit references for your work.  Denise Anne Taylor

Business Etiquette

Denise Anne Taylor