Business Networking/ORGANIZING EVENT

I want to organize a networking event where participants will be able showcase their services through verbal communication and presentations. The function is free to the grassroot community because they are our target.

How well can I make this function beneficial to both the participants and their prospect customers?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Dear Anita,

Please accept my apology for not answering your question - I do not get very many questions and hadn't logged in for a long time. I noticed your question was marked pending since May 2013. Unfortunately, at that time I was seriously ill in hospital and didn't notice it when it came in.

I expect that after 9 months, your question may no longer be relevant.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Again, sincerest apologies,

Paraic Bergin

QUESTION: It is still relevant. Sorry for that illness. Thanx

Hi Anita,

I must apologise again - I didn't realise your question was still in process.

Networking events tend to have a different focus from showcases - networkers are intent on building up their contacts and finding potential referral partners, with a lesser possibility of directly sourcing business.

In a showcase, the prime benefit for the presenter is exposure to an audience and an opportunity to talk and answer questions about their business. For the audience, the primary benefit is education and the opportunity to ask and get answers to specific questions.

Mainly, I'd say keep the event light - allow max 15 mins per presenter, to avoid any one person dominating the event and to minimise the chances of the audiences becoming bored.

Encourage audience participation.

Get feedback from presenters and audience on what works/doesn't work and keep improving

I hope that's helpful  

Business Networking

Paraic Bergin

I can answer questions in the area of most types of network marketing, particularly building up word of mouth and direct referral marketing, for small and medium sized businesses. I cannot answer questions on multi-level marketing

I have almost 20 years experience at CFO & CEO level, in growing and developing businesses ranging from very small to annual turnover of over 50 million.Since 2008, I am Regional Director for Ireland and London, UK with The Alchemy Network, an international marketing and business development consultancy

The Alchemy Network The Association of Chartered Certified Accounts

Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Master of Science degree in Operations Management