Business Software/choosing the right software

Hi John,

Starting a small accessory business (home base and hand made). since I am not going straight to a stream-line production, what software do you recommend for relatively small inventory management, and simple basic administrative management?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Michele,

Believe it or not, Quick Books will do a reasonably good job of project management, inventory management, and general accounting.  As you grow, you can add modules like Payroll to make your business more streamlined.

When you are just starting out, you should focus on making/selling your product/service, not on the structure behind the scenes.  Quick Books gives you this freedom, since it is relatively easy to learn and has quite a bit of power.

I hope this helps,

Business Software

John Harris

Accounting Software, CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, ERP Software, Inventory Management Software, Janitorial Software, Manufacturing Software, Software Administration, Software Implementation, Software Integration, and Web Based Software.

25+ Years designing, developing, and integrating Business Software solutions for the largest to the smallest manufacturing and service companies in the USA. Software experience includes all aspects of Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Training, and Support. Formally trained in Process Optimization and Quality Systems for both Manufacturing and Service Industries. Mr. Harris is the Chief Technology Officer at ProFix Services, offering Dedicated IT Support for CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, and ERP Software.

BS Degree in Chemistry/Computer Science (Dual Major). Former Treasurer for the Society of Plastics Engineers (6 years). Former Business Assessor for the ISSA CIMS program (3 years).

US Patent Holder