Business Software/How can accounting software help a (small) business grow?

Question
How can accounting software help a (small) business grow? Does it matter which type of accounting software I use? Web based or installed? What about the type of software features?

Answer
Hi Victor,

This is really a subject for a Blog, but I will try to answer it with limited space.

Accounting Software can't sell for you or deliver a product or service.  It is "Back Office" software to help you manage your finances.  Very few small business owners do a good job with their Accounting software, because they don't want to take the time or energy to keep it accurate, or they may not know what to do when setting it up.

Presuming you do know what to do and you are willing to do it, one of the best products for small businesses is Quicken or QuickBooks from Intuit.  They have a large selection of choices, and they probably have a good product for your situation.

You primarily use Accounting software to organize your finances so you have enough cash flow to keep your business moving, which is the number one way to grow your business in my opinion.  You want to become great at selling your product/service and great at managing cash flow to grow your business.

Good Luck!

John.

Business Software

John Harris