Business Software/Open Office

Hi John,

I downloaded Open Office not long ago, and am not too familiar with it. I'm working on a manuscript with an editor, and in the process of accepting and rejecting the changes that he's made. However, as I'm doing so, the text occasionally starts scrolling on its own, and it seems to be doing so more frequently. I'm then forced to exit out and go back in (and return to where I was), but then it's only a matter of time before it starts up again.
I don't believe there's a stuck key on my keyboard or anything, and the mouse seems to be working fine. I looked on the internet to see if anyone else has had this problem, and if there was a remedy for it, but to no avail.
Do you know what could be causing it, and how I can prevent it from recurring? It's very frustrating, as oftentimes I'll be in the midst of typing a comment or making a change.
Can you please help?    
Thank you so much.

Hi Carol,

The issue you have been experiencing is a known bug in Open Office that scrolls automatically when a page break is hit, and sometimes to the end of the next page, when in Editing mode.

The only fix I have been able to find is to accept ownership of the document before editing, but you will still experience jumping from one page break to the full next paragraph of the next page.

One way to minimize the visual effect is to make the page view smaller (after taking ownership of the document).

There has been no fix posted that I have found, as the source code of the Open Office program will need to be changed to prevent the issue.

I hope this helps.

Business Software

John Harris

Accounting Software, CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, ERP Software, Inventory Management Software, Janitorial Software, Manufacturing Software, Software Administration, Software Implementation, Software Integration, and Web Based Software.

25+ Years designing, developing, and integrating Business Software solutions for the largest to the smallest manufacturing and service companies in the USA. Software experience includes all aspects of Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Training, and Support. Formally trained in Process Optimization and Quality Systems for both Manufacturing and Service Industries. Mr. Harris is the Chief Technology Officer at ProFix Services, offering Dedicated IT Support for CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, and ERP Software.

BS Degree in Chemistry/Computer Science (Dual Major). Former Treasurer for the Society of Plastics Engineers (6 years). Former Business Assessor for the ISSA CIMS program (3 years).

US Patent Holder