Business Software/Messaging software for windows

hello, I am looking for a windows software that can server as a messaging software for windows 7/8 users in a private network. In windows XP we used Timbuktu Pro, and we are looking for a similar software for windows 7/8. Each message sent to a user must popup a a unique windows for each message, so the message is not ignored. The software must preferably contain a list of users with IP addresses. We tried Lantalk but it's not good enough, the messages sometimes are not read or ignored. Thank you for any suggestions you have.

Hi Robert,

It appears that Timbuktu Pro is still available through Motorola, but I am not certain of this.  They list a version for Windows 7/8.

You may want to switch to a different product, as Motorola may not continue to offer Timbuktu - I suggest you look into BigAnt (  You can watch demo videos of the product at  This product runs on a "server", but you can configure any computer to be a server if you want.  It has a robust feature set, but you would have to evaluate it yourself to see if it has everything you need.

Business Software

John Harris

Accounting Software, CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, ERP Software, Inventory Management Software, Janitorial Software, Manufacturing Software, Software Administration, Software Implementation, Software Integration, and Web Based Software.

25+ Years designing, developing, and integrating Business Software solutions for the largest to the smallest manufacturing and service companies in the USA. Software experience includes all aspects of Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Training, and Support. Formally trained in Process Optimization and Quality Systems for both Manufacturing and Service Industries. Mr. Harris is the Chief Technology Officer at ProFix Services, offering Dedicated IT Support for CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, and ERP Software.

BS Degree in Chemistry/Computer Science (Dual Major). Former Treasurer for the Society of Plastics Engineers (6 years). Former Business Assessor for the ISSA CIMS program (3 years).

US Patent Holder