Business Software/Question

Hello – I have MSExcel2007. I’ve tried to look it up on help but to no avail.  Basically, I’m trying to sort a spreadsheet according to a column.  Specifically, on a spreadsheet, I’m trying to sort on a column that lists by “city” (e.g., Palo Alto, Menlo Park) and I want all the other data to “follow” as well.  Step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you kindly.

Hi Wing,

The issue is probably related to how the data is formatted on the spreadsheet.  After opening the spreadsheet, navigate to the "Data" tab in Excel.  Highlight all of the cells using your left mouse button (including the Header row).  Next, click on the "Sort" icon, which has an AZ and ZA graphic.  Make sure you check the box "My data has headers" on the top right hand side.  Choose the column name you want to sort by and click the "OK" button.

The spreadsheet should sort properly.  If this doesn't work, the data may be corrupted on the spreadsheet and you may need to copy it to a new spreadsheet, save then try again.

Business Software

John Harris

Accounting Software, CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, ERP Software, Inventory Management Software, Janitorial Software, Manufacturing Software, Software Administration, Software Implementation, Software Integration, and Web Based Software.

25+ Years designing, developing, and integrating Business Software solutions for the largest to the smallest manufacturing and service companies in the USA. Software experience includes all aspects of Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Training, and Support. Formally trained in Process Optimization and Quality Systems for both Manufacturing and Service Industries. Mr. Harris is the Chief Technology Officer at ProFix Services, offering Dedicated IT Support for CMMS Software, CRM Software, EAM Software, and ERP Software.

BS Degree in Chemistry/Computer Science (Dual Major). Former Treasurer for the Society of Plastics Engineers (6 years). Former Business Assessor for the ISSA CIMS program (3 years).

US Patent Holder