Business Software/How to choose a right app developer?

Hello, Scottgem

I run a local small business and I want to develop an application to sell my products (food mainly). As I see it, it will be much easier to track all the orders through an application, as well as to retain customers. I have studied dozens of posts about apps for small businesses, here ( is an example, but I am still not entirely sure whether it is a good idea.
Do you have any idea how much it may cost? I have read here that the cost won’t be high if you stick to a minimum of feature, but I would like to know the real numbers.
Probably you can recommend someone who can build such an app for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance!

Well the first question is how do you sell your products? Are you a physical store or is everything done online?

Second, do you really need Mobile? Do you need customers to be able to place orders through their smartphones? Not every business lends itself to that. Sure it can increase business if customers can preorder then come in for pickup. But will your customer base do that?

Creating such a mobile app shouldn't be too expensive, but I don't have a great deal of familiarity with the process, so I may not be the best person to ask.

If you can describe your business in more detail and how orders are given to you, I might be able to advise further.

I will send that yes, you do need an application that tracks your sales and customers. Information is a valuable commodity. Being able to analyze what sells best and who your best customers are can increase sales. But you don't necessarily need a mobile "app" to do so.

Hope this helps,

Business Software

I can answer some questions on a wide variety of business applications, including MS Office, Lotus Smartsuite, Visio, Notes and many others.

I have over 16 years of experience as an IT professional, supporting a wide variety of business applications.