Business & Technical Writing/Meaning of the compound word

Question
Book page
Book page  
QUESTION: Dear Warren. Wish you happy new year.
Please help me to get the meaning of word "PYJAMA MOMENTS". What does it mean?
I am reading a book "How cool brands say hot". And I put the paragraph where that word is used to help you to understand the context. Thank you in advance

Ayten

Bite-size commitment
Youngsters pick and mix individual parts of media to create their
own personalized products and services that fit their individual needs. There’s no need to buy a whole album on iTunes, you can create your own. Bite-size formats in a much wider variety have replaced mass and uniform media formats. Gen Y is only bite-size committed. The good side of this is that they are much more open to hop between different styles. They listen to different music styles and festivals offer six to 10 different performance stages to fill in the needs of variety and style switching. RSS feeds on the internet allow you to make your own personalized multimedia news medium. But this doesn’t mean that traditional media have lost their meaning to Gen Yers. When chilling out, a newspaper or TV programme caters much better for their need of de-stressing and relaxing. In one of our studies on the use of newspapers among youngsters, we have found that a traditional daily is linked with ‘pyjama moments’.

ANSWER: Hi, Aytan--

Thank you for the New Year wishes. "Back atcha," as we say in the States.

Before I try to help you here, I'd like for you to tell me what you think the meaning of the phrase (not "word," incidentally) 'pyjama moments' might be, given its context. Your thoughts will help me do a better job of helping you.

I appreciate you sending along the paragraph with that phrase. Did you write the paragraph? If not, where did it come from? If it was on the internet, please send me the URL, so that I can see more of what you're reading in that context.

Bear with me here, Aytan, and I think you'll see that we'll reach a good outcome.

Take care, and thanks for using AllExperts.com.

Warren

QUESTION: Dear Warren, thanks a lot for quick reply. Really, i cannot say anything relating to this phrase, because i didnt get it from context as well. May be it can be "to have a quick look on traditional daily, that is it is not so much interesting for them and using traditional daily to skim over only. I have attached to you the page of book. And sending to you the link of the book http://books.google.az/books?id=nnbDTthIla4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=how+cool+bra

page #22, last paragraph, last phrase.

thank you so much.

Answer
Aytan--

Sorry I dropped off the radar screen. Workload is heavy here.

I believe that the site in question is referring to 'pajama moments'; what you saw is a typographical error, I think. I've not heard that phrase before, either, but I'd bet money--a lot of it--that it refers to casual and informal times. A good example of 'pajama moments' might be when I read the newspaper or answer e-mail and I'm still in my pajamas. The phrase seems to me to imply informality, user-friendliness, and casualness.

Hope this helps. Please do me the favor of completing the rate-the-expert e-mail you'll receive on the heels of this reply. Your ratings and, especially, your written comments help me do a better job of helping folks like you who ask such interesting questions. Please post again any time.

Warren

Business & Technical Writing

Warren D. Miller