Business & Technical Writing/Software for writing a book

Question
Hello Warren,

I am an expert as well.  This time I have a question.  I am a retired exec and have my own one-person (me) consulting firm. If you need some background you can find me on LinkedIn, look for Mark Eichinger.

I design, create and teach seminars on how to improve workplace culture (which deals with leadership, management skills and competencies, etc.). So I have a ton of experience, materials, and I am well read on the subject.  I am planning to write a book for publishing and would like to know your opinion on the best software to use to write... Word, Scrivner, Writers Block 4, etc. What ever the choice, it needs to be acceptable to publishers.

What do you think?

Thanks for taking the time and for being an Expert!

Mark

Answer
Hi, Mark - Thank you for your inquiry.

I looked on LinkedIn, and there are several Mark Eichingers, including two in Jacksonville, N.C. I'm guessing that one of those is you, but please clarify. Even better, would you post a link to your LinkedIn profile, please? (BTW, please click here for my own LI profile.)

As an unpaid volunteer here, I have no incentives to take more time helping someone than is necessary. But I'm also a 'First-do-no-harm' kind of guy. Hope that makes sense. I also have two books in print myself, so I have some thoughts on this subject, esp. about how not to do it.

To be continued--soon, I trust.

Business & Technical Writing

Warren D. Miller