Buying or Selling a Home/title company issued wrong title

Chris wrote at 2012-12-18 22:25:43
Dear Dick Dennis,I trust that my not finds you in good spirit and health!!

Just wanted to give you an update on the progress with my battle about getting the incorrectly issued DEED for my property corrected. As you know already, the Title Insurance Company hired another attorney for me, who went to a previous owner [three times removed back in the owner succession line]and got a Quit Claim signed by them for me. I did not want a Quit Claim, as I had already indicated to you, but that attorney said to me that he has been paid by my Title Insurance Company and that the Quit Claim is all I get. To state it correctly: this attorney was not [as you and I had hoped] an IMPARTIAL attorney.

Because of my advanced age :-( and my disability, I wanted now to apply for the Elder Property Valuation/Tax freeze here in AZ. Unfortunately, that would only apply to eligible owners for ONE parcel. Do you see now my dilemma?

I tried for many months now to get the help of our Assessor's/Recorder's Office, as well as, from the Insurance Commissioner's Office [you had so kindly mentioned to me!]. All to no avail. Although I did receive a post card from the Insurance Commissioner's Office that it might take up to six months for the investigation, I don't have much hope that they will/can help either.

I thought that I might go back to the original Title Insurance company, state my case and ask them to help me to get this resolved and indicate (?), should they not be able/willing to help me in getting ONE DEED [without any cloud] for my ONE apartment, that I would have to choose to take this case public [e.g. there is a local TV station here who helps residents with problems].This might be a way to consider you would too? Again, my best to you, and I would enjoy hearing from you again.

With friendly regards, Chris  

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis