Buying or Selling a Home/as-is condition

Question
Hello.  First of all thank you for your time.
Here's my question- My husband and I are going to try to sell our house to my sister in as-is condition, because we don't want to put too much money into the place and she's fine with it the way it is.  I was wondering if banks will give her a loan for the house if it's not up to code?  We;re selling pretty cheap so I don't know if that matters, $55, 000.   Thanks again :)

Answer
Nina,
If your sister is obtaining a loan to purchase the home, the condition of the home could be an obstacle to the appraisal process.  It tends to be a flip of the coin depending on which appraiser completes the appraisal and what type of "not up to code" issues there are in the home.  For example, items considered "safety" issues are more likely to cause problems then remodeling of a kitchen counter top without permit.  Either way, it may be best to speak with a local appraiser or a local real estate agent to see what their opinion would be on how serious the items are related to AS IS.  Good luck!

Buying or Selling a Home

CJ Brasiel, Broker Owner