Buying or Selling a Home/Coop stock certificate

I paid my coop apartment mortgage with Citibank almost 3 years ago and even today I did not get my coop apartment stock certificate.
I called them, I wrote to them and until now no results.
Could you please advise me what to do and how I can get my stock certificate?
Thank you,
George Pohila

HI George,
Thank you for your question.

Banks often lose things as you probably have heard in the news now with the banking crisis.

They should have it in a file somewhere, but may not have it as a priority to find at this time.  When it comes time for you to sell you will need to get it or a replacement which they should pay for.  Send Citibank a letter requesting the return of your stock certificate or you will order a replacement at their expense.  They probably have you proprietary lease also?

Check with the complex management company about the procedures to order the replacement.

Buying or Selling a Home

Hans Weber, Licensed Broker Associate

I am able to answer questions related to buying or selling residential real estate in New York. There are many questions buyers and sellers have about the process of buying or selling a home that they are afraid to ask or that might seem too simple to ask. For instance: in a house, why do some doors open in and some doors open out?

Licensed real estate agent in New York State in 1988.
Serving buyers and sellers as a full time occupation since 1988 with over 300 successful residential real estate transactions.

National Association of Realtors.
Westchester County Board of Realtors.

Graduate of Pace University in 1988 majoring in business and minors in taxation and computer science.

Consistently one of top sales awarding winning agents for Coldwell Banker in Westchester County.