Buying or Selling a Home/Coop stock certificate

Question
I paid my coop apartment mortgage with Citibank almost 3 years ago and even today I did not get my coop apartment stock certificate.
I called them, I wrote to them and until now no results.
Could you please advise me what to do and how I can get my stock certificate?
Thank you,
George Pohila

Answer
HI George,
Thank you for your question.

Banks often lose things as you probably have heard in the news now with the banking crisis.

They should have it in a file somewhere, but may not have it as a priority to find at this time.  When it comes time for you to sell you will need to get it or a replacement which they should pay for.  Send Citibank a letter requesting the return of your stock certificate or you will order a replacement at their expense.  They probably have you proprietary lease also?

Check with the complex management company about the procedures to order the replacement.

Hans  

Buying or Selling a Home

Hans Weber, Licensed Broker Associate