Buying or Selling a Home/washer/dryer

Hi, my house is for sale with the washer/dryer and under contract. The washer got broken yesterday and i would like to replace them with a different brand washer/dryer set. Since the house contract doesnt say what brand washer/dryer this house is going to sell, i am thinking it should be okay to replace them. What do you think of it? Thank you.

Hi David;
I would err on the side of caution and go to the buyers to let them know your intention.  Clearly, if you are replacing with a new set you should offer either a credit and allow the buyers to purchase something of their choice or let them know what you intend to purchase and get their okay.  If it isn't the same brand they may be fine with it but they may also prefer something else.  Since we have to assume that the existing appliances are older then their value is considerably lower than anything you may purchase now.

By the way, to clarify, since the contract didn't specifically state the brand you are within your right to replace with a different brand.  

Best wishes,
Jessica Bryan

Buying or Selling a Home

Jessica Bryan

buying and selling process such as:
General questions from first time buyers
How to market a home
Why choose a REALTOR
How do I find a REALTOR
Should I consider buying or selling without a REALTOR--how much can I save
Should I remodel or move
How much can I expect to gain by fixing up my home before selling
Helpful tips when selling
Helpful tips when buying
finding a good mortgage loan
what is the difference between banks, mortgage bankers, and mortgage brokers
Questions from the general public, people thinking about getting their real estate license, newly licensed.
Fellow professionals who have interests in networking and how to get started
What is a market evaluation and how does it differ from an appraisal what are the different loan programs
services a REALTOR can perform
when to use a lawyer
when to use escrow
what are the regional differences in the buying and selling process
what is the MLS and how does it work
how can the layman access information on the web--listings and other information
These are just a few of the questions. I can suggest that if I am unable to answer a question I will refer the inquiry to a source that can.

Anyone who is in this business and who dedicates oneself to professionalism has continued to take classes and along with it,additional credentials, awards and honors. I can list a host of them, but my greatest accomplishments happen to be those of getting first time buyers (who didn't think they could afford to buy a home)into a home of their dreams. The look on their faces when I hand over the keys is worth all of the hard work.