Buying or Selling a Home/Taxation- Re: Lease/Purchase

Question
"I own a home that is paid in full. I have been offered a sales agreement where the party agrees to a 20 year lease purchase agreement.

Due to the new sale of home taxes for 2013, will I be charged any of the 2013 Surcharge tax on this transaction or would I be charged this surcharge on each month lease payments... or is there another scenario as to the taxes.

Thank you.

Russ"

Answer
Hi Russ;
Your question is one that should probably be answered by your accountant.  However, I would like to say; since you have an lease to own agreement it is like a deferred closing which means that you do not have a sale yet.  I don't know what the individual tax laws are on leases (which is why you have to check with an accountant on that).

Best wishes,
Jessica Bryan

Buying or Selling a Home

Jessica Bryan