Buying or Selling a Home/closing

Question
hello,
the closing on the house i am selling, falls on a date that i am out of town, Is it possible for just my husband to attend without me? thank you very much!! we live in NY state

Answer
Hello, thank you for your question.
Yes , that is in NC.
My suggestion is speak with the closing Attorney prior to the closing and let them know you will not be attending. In NC, most times the sellers sign all docs before and the real estate agent goes to the closing.  I would request all Documents  prior too, including HUD 1, and you approve, prior too, and make sure they let you know of any changes. All proceeds should be made payable to each owner as well.

Make sure they have your email and  telephone number, in case there are any changes in docs.

Good luck.
Marvin bobbitt

Buying or Selling a Home

Marvin G, Bobbitt III