Buying or Selling a Home/V.A. home loans

My wife and I have owned our own land with an old farmhouse on it for over 20 years. I've never used my Certificate of Eligibility and I am a 63 year old disabled vet living in the state of Kansas. Do you know about V.A. assisted home loans or can you suggest someone other than ? Their website is huge and very confusing. We want to purchase a modular home that will be easier to get around in as things become more difficult for me.
Thank you for your time, Joe and Mary Carson

Hello Joe and Mary;
VA assisted loans do require going through the government agency.  However; there are several local lenders who can discuss this with you.  I would suggest that you speak with a lender in your own bank who can probably provide you with a name of a VA counselor to get more information or might actually be able to provide you with the information directly.  If not; call a local mortgage broker to discuss.  If you 'Google' VA loans there are phone numbers to call to ask specific questions.  I have several lenders who can talk to you directly but on a public forum I recommending one or two is not something I would do. That is why I suggest the other actions (above.)

Best wishes,
Jessica Bryan

Buying or Selling a Home

Jessica Bryan

buying and selling process such as:
General questions from first time buyers
How to market a home
Why choose a REALTOR
How do I find a REALTOR
Should I consider buying or selling without a REALTOR--how much can I save
Should I remodel or move
How much can I expect to gain by fixing up my home before selling
Helpful tips when selling
Helpful tips when buying
finding a good mortgage loan
what is the difference between banks, mortgage bankers, and mortgage brokers
Questions from the general public, people thinking about getting their real estate license, newly licensed.
Fellow professionals who have interests in networking and how to get started
What is a market evaluation and how does it differ from an appraisal what are the different loan programs
services a REALTOR can perform
when to use a lawyer
when to use escrow
what are the regional differences in the buying and selling process
what is the MLS and how does it work
how can the layman access information on the web--listings and other information
These are just a few of the questions. I can suggest that if I am unable to answer a question I will refer the inquiry to a source that can.

Anyone who is in this business and who dedicates oneself to professionalism has continued to take classes and along with it,additional credentials, awards and honors. I can list a host of them, but my greatest accomplishments happen to be those of getting first time buyers (who didn't think they could afford to buy a home)into a home of their dreams. The look on their faces when I hand over the keys is worth all of the hard work.