Buying or Selling a Home/wallpaper vs. paint

Question
QUESTION: I read that wallpaper is making a comeback, if it's the right pattern and texture.  My kitchen and bathroom have wallpaper.  Is it better for the walls to be painted to sell a house - in Connecticut. Thanks

ANSWER: Hi Patty,
I have not heard that Wallpaper is coming back.  If you are going to live in the house for awhile and you want to put wallpaper on the walls, you should. You should enjoy your home while you live in it and when it is time to sell see what the new fads are and make a few changes at that time to help to sell the home.
Hope that helps,
Have a wonderful year.
Thanks
Jeff

QUESTION: I'm asking because we may sell in a few months. So, I'm trying to find out what the fads are now. Thanks

Answer
I would probably stick to paint at this point and keep the paint neutral. It will be really hard to pick out what the future buyer wants. If you keep your home more basic then the prospective buyers will be able to picture there things in the home and not yours making the home sell for more and faster.
Hope that helps
Jeff

Buying or Selling a Home

Jeff Kessler