Buying or Selling a Home/Protection of seller

I just recently sold my house. Now 3 months later the buyer threatened to sue me for faultu work pn my addition that I had added. How much power does buyer have in that situation
? I offered to fix what she wants but dont want to put myself out there too much but also don't want to be liable. I did have all the proper permits and had all work inpected by the town.

Hello Holly,
Thank you for your question.

I do not know the rules in Arizona, but anyone can sue anyone anywhere for any reason.

If you had the work done professionally and with permits and inspected by the town you should be ok.  If she sues you you have the permits and inspections to call in as evidence that the work was done to code.  

Did the buyer have a home inspection?  Were there any issues discovered by the inspection?

If the fixes she wants are reasonable it might be better to do them and get her to acknowledge that you did the improvements.

Hope it works out ok.

Buying or Selling a Home

Hans Weber, Licensed Broker Associate

I am able to answer questions related to buying or selling residential real estate in New York. There are many questions buyers and sellers have about the process of buying or selling a home that they are afraid to ask or that might seem too simple to ask. For instance: in a house, why do some doors open in and some doors open out?

Licensed real estate agent in New York State in 1988.
Serving buyers and sellers as a full time occupation since 1988 with over 300 successful residential real estate transactions.

National Association of Realtors.
Westchester County Board of Realtors.

Graduate of Pace University in 1988 majoring in business and minors in taxation and computer science.

Consistently one of top sales awarding winning agents for Coldwell Banker in Westchester County.