Buying or Selling a Home/buying a property for a U 21 USA citizen

Question
"Hi,
I am a UK resident and would like to invest in some property in the USA. ! am not looking to sell the property within a year or two (flip), but would like to have my nephews, who are US citizens, as the (trust fund) owners, when they turn 21. (10 - 12yrs from now)
What is the best way to set up the account.
Can I open an LLC in there name with me been a "guardian". and have the 3 of them equal shares also.

I will be hoping to rent the property in the mean time to help pay the Tax / Insurance / improvements, and all other bills that may arise.
The surplus rent would belong to the LLC."

Answer
Hi Bernie,

Thanks for your question.

There are a myriad of ways to own property.  You would be guided by your attorney during the closing process to set up the proper ownership form, trust, corporation, etc.  My investor buyers have purchased in both forms.

You would use a Realtor to help you find the property to buy.  The market is improving, prices increasing here now so don't wait too long.

Hans  

Buying or Selling a Home

Hans Weber, Licensed Broker Associate