Buying or Selling a Home/Stray Deeds

Question
What is a Stray Deed?

Answer
A stray deed technically doesn't exist, Brad. In my 44 years in the real estate business, I have never heard of such a term. It turns out that a local county recorder will not record a stay deed because it most likely does not have a legal description for the property it is supposed to be attached to, most likely it has either an insufficient and incorrect deed.

You can tell by its name that it really has no legal standing, something that somebody attached to a property just to confuse matters. I would not recommend you getting involved in such a property because the title would not be able to be insured by a title company. I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis