Buying or Selling a Home/Lease To Own

Question
I am wondering if Lease To Own property investment is a viable option or just a scam.  I currently pay $1400.00 a month in rent but can't qualify for a conventional Bank loan because of credit issues. I feel I am just wasting $1400.00 a month on rent. Is the Rent To own option something worth checking or are they mostly scams? I have never heard of something doing Rent to own and having it work out.

Answer
Hi Mark...

Yes to both... it all depends... The typical person willing to do a Lease Option can't qualify for a conventional loan... or FHA loan... due to income or credit... but keep in mind once the option comes around you still have to get that loan or loose all the money you put towards the option...

So in general I don't like them... buy what you can afford

Do what you have to do to get your credit in line

And SAVE what you need to save to Buy something...

Don't over extend...

Good luck

PS... it is not Rent to Own - that is for a TV or Fridge... it is a Lease with Option to Buy

Buying or Selling a Home

Connie Wildasinn-Broker,GRI,CPRES,RealtorŪ