Buying or Selling a Home/House Keeping

Question
QUESTION: Hello:

What advice can you offer to someone who has a home that he does not live in and that he does not want to sell and does not want to rent?  How is it possible to maintain the home without letting it deteriorate?  Can a realtor be hired to monitor the house since the owner, who lives too far away, is unable to do so?

I thank you for your reply and suggestions.

ANSWER: Hi Kenneth,
Yes, you can hire a Realtor to take care of the place for you, or you can hire a management company. They can do a range of things for you, such as, monitor the home, make sure the driveway is plowed, grass is mowed, leaves raked, minor maintenance issues, etc. Call a local Keller Williams Agent in the area where your home is located. I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction. If you email me at laurie.s@kw.com or call me at 518-469-9000, I will find someone for you.
Hope that helps,
Laurie

QUESTION: Hello:

I want to thank you for the reply.  It was indeed helpful. Should someone give the realtor or person from a management company keys to the inside of the house to check to see that all inside is okay?

I thank you for your follow-up reply and for your willingness to help.

Answer
Hi Again Kenneth,
Certainly you can. Realtors hold keys to homes all the time. You have to have a certain level of trust for the person who is watching your home, but if the person is reputable they should be trustworthy, after  all you will be paying them to do a job.
Good Luck,
Laurie

Buying or Selling a Home

Laurie Stephenson