Buying or Selling a Home/Question


Hi Sue,

Let me preface before asking you my question.

I looked on this site for someone that is an expert in the field loan signing. I couldn't find one... But because you are in California and I am, too, I figured the laws, requirements, etc will be the same. If my question is out of your scope of expertise, I apologize for wasting your time.

I am considering becoming a loan signer. There is a course this summer offered to those that wish to get their Notary Public and then a course for learning loan signing.

Before I plunk down the fees for the courses, I need to know if I'd be wasting my time because most in the field of loan signing have a degree in finance or the like. Do most in this field have a degree or something beside what the courses offered can offer?

Thank you!

Hi Tim,

I really have no experience with what you want to do.  A woman who works in my office has her notary and functions as a travelling notary for signing loans.  She is an experienced realtor but I don't know if she has any advanced degree.  From what I can observe doing this can be lucrative but I really don't have any first hand experience.  Hope this helps

Buying or Selling a Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Sue Bernstein


My expertise in in residential real estate., I have been selling residential real estate for over 2 decades in the Los Angeles area. I can answer most questions regarding real estate in the state of California and most generic questions for the rest of the country relating to buying and selling homes, selecting a real estate agent, and more!


Residential Real Estate, Probates, Conservatorship and Trust Sales

Brokers License E-Pro Certified

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]