Buying or Selling a Home/Real estate

Question
hi hans-  my name is russ.  was wondering if you had any advice on pursuing a career as a residential real estate agent. i have work in outside sales for 5 years and am considering a switch to real estate but i know very little about it.  any pointers would be appreciated

thanks

russ

Answer
Hi Russ,
Thank you for your question.

I was an eyewear importer and distributor.  Dollar was weakening and my costs rising,  competition too.

I met some real estate agents and the profession sounded great.  No inventory to buy, but plenty to sell.

That was 26 years ago and I am still happily working as a full time Realtor.

There is no salary or safety net.  You are on your own aside from the support of your office and company brand.  I have researched most all the brands and still am with Coldwell Banker.

Your question could take quite awhile to talk over and typing will take even longer.  My suggestion is to find your local Coldwell Banker office and call the office manager and ask for an appointment to talk about the job and what it entails and what support you can expect.

Good luck and be successful.

Hans

Buying or Selling a Home

Hans Weber, Licensed Broker Associate