Buying or Selling a Home/RE taxes

Question
QUESTION: Well, I just hope your better at math than I am.

So my husband and I are thinking of buying a home in Live Oak Florida. I called about the taxes so I would know for sure rather than relying on the seller. Anyway, the tax collector told me the rate and how to figure it out. I just multiplied the numbers times the valuation of the property.
I came out with 1074.474

I tried to ask on the phone what it meant and the guy was a bit on the rude side. 'Look Ma'am, you asked me how to figure it out and I told you'

so I thought I'd ask you. Does that mean taxes are over $1074 a year?

ANSWER: Hello,
Sorry they treated you this way, I would let the Tax administrator and County manager know in your County.

As for tax bill, go online in your county, via their gis site, (your county name and gis, this is the information site, you can also call and ask them to walk you thru the gis site, there you can find a lot of information.

As for your tax question, rate x value. Keep in mind, rates and values change.

You did not send me the value, so I cannot tell you you if you are right , but I bet you are. Good luck, Let me know if I can be of further help.
Marvin Bobbitt

QUESTION: the tax rate they gave me over the phone was 0.0656563
the value of the home is $64,995.
That is the asking price. I understand that taxes go up every year.

Answer
Hello,
The rate they give are you sure it is right? If so, your County rate should be .66 per 100 value?
If you don't mind,call back and verify rate, then you take rate x assessed value.

You do have to get rate per $100 value 0.0656563  rounds up to .66 for county rate.

I do not know all the ins and out for FLA.

Call back and ask the question, I am thinking of buying the home located at (address) can you give me any information regarding the taxes here?  and how much at the current assessed value.

Hope this helps.

Buying or Selling a Home

Marvin Bobbitt