Buying or Selling a Home/selling home with a tenant

In Arizona, what are the landlords obligations i.e. notices, lease enforcements, deposits etc. on selling a home with a tenant in it?  
* If the home sells before the lease is up, is it considered 'breaking the lease?
* If so, what penalties does the owner encur?
* Does the owner have to honor the lease until its expiration?  * Does the new buyer have to as well?  

Thank you in advance for your help, its greatly appreciated.

Unless the tenant and the owner agree to part company beforehand, Ray, the tenant's lease must be honored by the old and new owner until the lease expires. Period.

The new owner buys the property subject to any and all leases. That's why the buyer must be informed of any and all leases the property is subject to. If the property is signed up with a Realtor, the multiple listing must stipulate that the property does have a tenant and indicate when the lease does expire.

I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis

With more than 41 years as a real estate broker, I can solve most any problem presented. If I can`t, I do my research. Problems with mortgages, trust deeds, foreclosures, odd ways of conveying titles. Most any good Realtor can answer questions satisfactorily, but I answer questions that most cannot. Also, ask about my hard-copy newsletter, The Landed Gentry. It can also be sent to you via PDF.

Solving real estate problems for 37 years.

National Association of Realtors

Publishes The Landed Gentry, guest writer in Who's Who in Creative Real Estate, First Tuesday, Financial Freedom and many newspapers

e-Pro Realtor, Certified Distressed Property Expert, Who's Who in Creative Real Estate