Buying or Selling a Home/Attorney Require Signature..

Question
Hello Ted,
My mother passed away and left the house to her four children - me and my three brothers.  We are selling the house and they say I need to be there in person with the attorney to sign the closing documents, but that's 400 miles away and I am loath to go that distance just to give my signature.  They did say that I could make one of the brothers my power of attorney and he could sign for me, but that would pose the same problem as I would need to be present for that as well.  Is there any arrangement that can be made so that they can close without my physical presence?
Thanks for your time,
John

Answer
You can have the documents sent to you and sign them in front of a Notary, available at most banks and attorneys offices, and then send the documents back.
Have the closing attorney fed ex the docs and include a fed ex return envelope for you to send back.
Best,
Ted

Buying or Selling a Home

Ted Lewis