Buying or Selling a Home/Not recieving a coorect Title when I paid in full for a trailer home

I bought an older trailer home and paid in cash. I have receipt. The guy gave me the title and when I to the title to be transferred I needed a stamped document from the seller. He never di put it in his name. There is only one name of the owner before the seller I now have. I told the seller what I need from him and he is telling me he is not sure what he is going to do. It has been a week.What is the right move on my behalf? Do I still move in or what rights do I have. Something her stinks because I have to show a title upon moving into the trailer court and I wonder how the seller got in? Is is a mistake to think I can just move in without this title eventhough Its paid in full or what?

Several answers:

1. Go down to the local Police Station and see if the guy has broken any laws, fraud, etc.
2. Go see a lawyer, sometimes there are Legal Aid attorneys who will assist you for free.
Like your mother said, never pay in cash, only Bank check with a copy.

Buying or Selling a Home

Ted Lewis

Can answer most any residential real estate question and more specifically questions about South Florida Real Estate. Massachusetts Real Estate Broker, Massachusetts Construction Supervisor and Florida Real Estate Broker. Have personally owned and sold hundreds of homes and at one time owned and managed 100's of apartment and well as did condominium conversions.

Homes, condos, construction, real estate law, apartment ownership. Can refer buyers and sellers to capable agents in South Florida -- am not actively seeking clients for my own account.

Many education courses in regards to Real Estate and Banking. Attended Harvard and Princeton Universities.