Buying or Selling a Home/my house has no curb appeal

Question
my house is NOT selling.. I was told it does NOT have curb appeal. what do u suggest that i do to the outside (also give suggestions on the inside) to make it be more "sellable"  shrubs? put bricks on lower part add or paint shutters. thank u. here is my house
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/537-Wittich-Ter-Rivervale-NJ-07675/38018652_zp

Answer
Yet, according to the information you enclosed, Marv, it was among the top 10% of the houses visited this past week. Go figure. That doesn't say too much if the neighborhood seems to have slow sales. I would like to know who told you it does not have curb appeal. Was it your agent? Did other visiting agents with their clients say that? What was the reaction to the listing price? That might be a little too high.

Still, I would have advised you to repaint the exterior. Rather drab. I hope that is not the original 20-year-old paint. A residential architect might give you some good ideas that would help. Also, take a visit to a new subdivision in the selling process. Compare it with yours. It should give you an idea what kind of exterior treatment is a winner.

The photos of your interior looks pretty good to me. Possibly a little bit on the busy side, perhaps.

A 5-bedroom home often is a slow seller in most neighborhoods, especially if the other houses that sold were 3 & 4 bedrooms each. Your price and size seems to be larger and higher than others in the neighborhood. That could hurt a possible sale, too.

I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis