Buying or Selling a Home/my house was a gift

Question
one year and 5 months ago,someone bought my son and I a house to live in.I have lived here rent free,no contracts,agreements,leases....ect. just recently I ended the relationship between this person and I,and now he wants to sell my house.also I have two friends that live here at my residence.because I have been unemployed I have been charging them to stay monthly.and the man I ended the relationship with now wants me to put the money they give me in his account.do I have any rights?

Answer
It sounds like you are the 'tenant' at the home... not an owner... if you are not on title ... you  are not entitled to the property... as a tenant you have tenant rights to your state and county....

the 'Sub-tenants' you have at the house, my or may not have violated your rental agreement, but I don't believe 'he' has any rights to the monies your received from the sub-tenants as long as you paid your 'rents' as agreed... you don't owe him a dime...

I advise you to see perhaps legal aide to get some assistance in your situation..

good luck

Buying or Selling a Home

Connie Wildasinn-Broker,GRI,CPRES,RealtorŪ