Buying or Selling a Home/Deed question;

Question
My daughter bought house in 2012 and her deed was saying as Unmarried Person.
In 2013 she got married and I just noticed that she signed a Quit Claim Deed document where
she as a married person who acquired title as unmarried (Grantor) quit claims to grantee herself as a married person.
I did not see any name of her husband there but does that mean her husband also now owns that house?
I am very concern because I know her husband is a swindler. Thanks

Answer
Hi-

I'm licensed in MA and can't answer legal questions about the deed in my home state!  Your best bet is a real estate attorney or title company based in PA.  They can explain the various permutations of a Deed and what they mean legal in terms of both ownership and survivorship rights.  

Being unmarried or married is irrelevant to OWNERSHIP, which is who can sell or lease the property, but may be important to SURVIVORSHIP, which is who owns the property after someone has died.

If I had to guess, your daughter has changed who gets the home in the event of her death, but if his name is not on the deed, the ownership remains unchanged.

Best-

Matt Heisler

Buying or Selling a Home

Matt Heisler