Buying or Selling a Home/Private Purchase

Thanks for your service.  I was wondering if I could purchase a house remotely, in another state, using a realtor to conduct the price negotiation, without appearing at any aspect of the sale?  I would also like to know if during the sale process, if I would have to provide a picture of myself.

I am just wondering if a house can be purchased anonymously, where all the sellers would know would be my name?

Thank you

Rather interesting question, Kee. Real estate is purchased all the time anonymously, especially by corporations and well-off individuals, and also foreign persons and groups. And the sellers do not always know who the purchaser is, either. This kind of purchase is usually done with a trust of some kind (family trust, revocable or non-revocable trust, corporation, etc). In order to do this, I would recommend contacting a well-respected real estate attorney. This kind of maneuver will not be inexpensive.

Also, the Realtor you use could be your negotiator and s/he would most likely have contacts in other states, because it is mandatory to use a Realtor who is licensed in that other state. The attorney or Realtor you use would know all about it.

Chances are you'll be using all-cash to make your purchase unless your bank would work with you in making the purchase and financing anonymously. In some cases banks handle such a purchase, too. I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis

With more than 41 years as a real estate broker, I can solve most any problem presented. If I can`t, I do my research. Problems with mortgages, trust deeds, foreclosures, odd ways of conveying titles. Most any good Realtor can answer questions satisfactorily, but I answer questions that most cannot. Also, ask about my hard-copy newsletter, The Landed Gentry. It can also be sent to you via PDF.

Solving real estate problems for 37 years.

National Association of Realtors

Publishes The Landed Gentry, guest writer in Who's Who in Creative Real Estate, First Tuesday, Financial Freedom and many newspapers

e-Pro Realtor, Certified Distressed Property Expert, Who's Who in Creative Real Estate