Buying or Selling a Home/Private Purchase

Question
Hello,

Thanks for your service.  I was wondering if I could purchase a house remotely, in another state, using a realtor to conduct the price negotiation, without appearing at any aspect of the sale?  I would also like to know if during the sale process, if I would have to provide a picture of myself.

I am just wondering if a house can be purchased anonymously, where all the sellers would know would be my name?

Thank you

Answer
Rather interesting question, Kee. Real estate is purchased all the time anonymously, especially by corporations and well-off individuals, and also foreign persons and groups. And the sellers do not always know who the purchaser is, either. This kind of purchase is usually done with a trust of some kind (family trust, revocable or non-revocable trust, corporation, etc). In order to do this, I would recommend contacting a well-respected real estate attorney. This kind of maneuver will not be inexpensive.

Also, the Realtor you use could be your negotiator and s/he would most likely have contacts in other states, because it is mandatory to use a Realtor who is licensed in that other state. The attorney or Realtor you use would know all about it.

Chances are you'll be using all-cash to make your purchase unless your bank would work with you in making the purchase and financing anonymously. In some cases banks handle such a purchase, too. I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis