Buying or Selling a Home/Trust Sale

Question
My fathers home is being sold by his new wife who is the
executor of his trust. All three of us are named in the trust as beneficiary myself, my brothers wife and my fathers wife.
Question:
When the property is sold how are fund distributed, will escrow write a check to each beneficiary? Does the executor get all the funds and she distributes the funds?

Answer
Hello. Good question.

In short, it depends what the will or trust says. My suggestion, is get a copy of the trust or will docs and read it. Checks, it depends, see it several ways,again their portion as trust or will states.  

You might consider seeking a good private Estate Attorney and let them guide and advise you. I am a REALTOR, not an Attorney.

This answer is only my opinion, and things could be different in your situation.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Marvin

Buying or Selling a Home

Marvin G, Bobbitt III