Buying or Selling a Home/Trust Sale

My fathers home is being sold by his new wife who is the
executor of his trust. All three of us are named in the trust as beneficiary myself, my brothers wife and my fathers wife.
When the property is sold how are fund distributed, will escrow write a check to each beneficiary? Does the executor get all the funds and she distributes the funds?

Hello. Good question.

In short, it depends what the will or trust says. My suggestion, is get a copy of the trust or will docs and read it. Checks, it depends, see it several ways,again their portion as trust or will states.  

You might consider seeking a good private Estate Attorney and let them guide and advise you. I am a REALTOR, not an Attorney.

This answer is only my opinion, and things could be different in your situation.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Buying or Selling a Home

Marvin Bobbitt

Can answer questions about Real Estate in North Carolina. Professional Real Estate Broker,REALTOR Residential Real Estate,Professional Advising,Commercial Real Estate, Estates,Property Estates,Issues regarding real estate and the County Tax system,Bank owned properties, REO/Foreclosures and Investment properties,New homes & re-sale home sales,Management of Investment properties,1031 tax deferred exchanges, Profit enhancement within investments,Investment property advisor,North Carolina agency and required forms and disclosure.Difficult sisuations within real estate.

28+ years Professional experience.Experianced in property estates and real estate transactions primarly in the Durham, North Carolina area.Residential Real Estate, Professional Advising,Commercial Real Estate, Estates, My experience covers a vast range of real estate services.Due to my personal training by Frank Ward for over 20+ years.In residential,commercial,sales and leases, I have had the opportunity to work and learn with some of the best in the business. Estates have become a specialty to me.

Active Member of the Durham Association of REALTORS. Past BOD for Durham Regional Association of REALTORS. Active Member of North Carolina Association of REALTORS. Active Member of the National Association of REALTORS. Active Member of Triangle Multiple Listing Service. Past member Durham Jaycees, Durham Sales and Marketing and Durham Rotary Club.

Durham Herald

Graduate; Durham Public Schools Graduate; North Carolina Central University. Appointed; Real Property sale Commissioner/ Durham County N.C Clerk Of Superior Court 2010, Honorable Archie L.Smith, III, Durham County NC. Completion of the following North Carolina Real Estate Courses. North Carolina Real Estate School Fundamentals. North Carolina Real Estate Broker Classes. Completes Continuing Education classes annually as directed by the State of North Carolina Real Estate Commission. North Carolina Real Estate Licenses active 06/31/2014 NCREL #144640 R-1 Real Estate Appraisal. R-2 Valuation & Principles & Procedures. R-3 Applied Residential Property Valuation. G-1 Income Property Appraisal & Valuation. Completion of Notary Public Classes for the State Of North Carolina. Active Notary Public for Durham City/County, North Carolina. Active until; 06/16/2015

20+ YEARS EVERYDAY PERSONAL TRAINING BY;FRANK WARD. Appointed; Real Property sale Commissioner/ Durham County N.C Clerk Of Superior Court 2010, Honorable Archie L.Smith, III, Durham County NC. Admited member; all experts 2009.

Given upon request